Tuesday, April 15, 2014

True Self...

The real. We all want the real. The raw the grit but when I expose the real me will you flee? See my past isn't sparkling pretty there's some dark times and lonely nights. Times when all I did was fight. There was pain I tried to mask, deep depression I couldn't get past. I became a master of an illusion. Friends wanted to be like me and I just wanted to be free. There's a constant battle you see. Every inch of me has a story. I don't want to play pretend I need a real friend. I've been through so much in no time I can only imagine what's next. I've been trying not to stress but life happens and when it does I cry and pray there has to be another way. I don't want to be a sad case I want to be unapologetically me. Yes I'm flawed yes I'm bold but sometimes you fold. We are only human and we have feelings but what the true meaning? The real? If I keep it real are you going to judge and gossip or are you going to just run away? The fear of abandonment is real. Not all wounds heal. Things take time and I'm not out of mine. I'm destined for greatness. I feel it in my soul. I'm fighting so hard not to lose control but at some point you have to turn your faith on max and relax. So can I be real? Maybe you can help me heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment