Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Mothers Love...

A mother’s true love is unending, it a force of nature that is hard to convey. But the love of a single mother is like a hurricane with extra rain. Going to battle with the other parent can be the most humiliating and frustrating conversation. It’s crazy how people expect you to depend on them, my child is the dependent not me.  I used to think that love conquers all, but truly I see his character flaw- it was never love. I’ll admit I faked smiles and tried to keep up with others but the real me began to be smothered. I made myself look like a fool, and he contributed to that look too. When I decided to take no more, something in me began to roar. I’m not a failure, nor am I less than. I’m a woman who has to live with a consequence for lack of self control. Children are a blessing from the Lord; it is written and very true. My child looked in my eyes and told me not to cry. He said, “Mommy you’re not alone anymore. You have me and God.” Those words from such a fragile soul, stick with me daily. Pastor Matt Chandler once said, “Where the ideal lacks, grace abounds” and no I am no longer lost I have been found. This is not a message for sympathy or pity, I am writing for all the mothers like me. The ones who pray more than complain, the ones who sacrifice beyond measure, the ones that feel alone in this season, the ones that are clinging to Jesus, the ones that by the grace of God make ends meet, the ones who smile in the face of defeat. I am writing because we are not in this alone. I am writing this to kick satan back under our throne. God has a heart for the “underdog”, at times it seems as if we are the ones left on the bench. I am writing this to say, God loves you and your child (ren) beyond measure, this season is developing you and teaching you to solely rely on the Lord. Things get hard and it’s okay to cry but once your eyes are dry set them on the one above, the one who has no end to His love. This world casts us out but we’re not less than nor equal to, we are set apart to be and to do, exactly as the Lord leads. No longer will we entertain thoughts that are negative, no longer will we throw pity parties, no longer will we fuss, from this moment forward we will take a deep breath and pray, pouring our heart out to the one that holds the world in His hands but leans in with a listening ear directly to us. People look and see the smiles and think “She’s so strong” not knowing that this strength isn’t mine, it comes from my Heavenly Father. 


There's this stigma that single mothers are after money or out to ruin the father of the child's life, that may be someone's truth but it has never been mine. There are a lot of us who genuinely want the absolute best despite the circumstances for our child. This post simply is to encourage those single mother's to continue to keep God first and know that they are not forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment