Thursday, September 4, 2014

Convenience for Peace...

I wouldn't dare trade convenience for peace. When it was convenient you used me. Took my kindness for granted and banked on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances. Shamefully for me I continued to see what I wanted to see. I searched for who you could be not noticing I had lost me. I was entangled in you as if we had said "I do" foolish. Thought I knew what I needed not seeing it was my wants that were being fed. Ugh, I led. And as I read I learned a man is to lead to be the head and take heed to what the Lord has said. But you you were a coward, running from God and his power. You found it okay to do things just because not thinking of the future ahead. Yes, live for today but plan for tomorrow you acted as if tomorrow was a figment of imaginations. I waited and waited played a part because of a heart that was growing in me. You see a blessing came out of this mess. Empty words and lack thereof. I quickly learned I was created for more not to sit at your door as a mat. Thoughts of what others would say and think, haha she's another statistic. Well that may be true but there's a charge on my life and I'm charged not to live in strife. I was being prepared for the days ahead. So thank you. The long nights crying til I got sick paid off you pushed me to who I need and that is Christ indeed. Thank you for helping me see the me I thought was lost. I am new, a new creature indeed. I choose peace over convenience. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.[1] The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. -Ashley Alexandria @ashley_speaks _

No comments:

Post a Comment